- Paint Bilges
Install potable water filter Clearly label fuel switches
- Figure out way to check fresh water level
- buy official-looking boatstamp
- large-scale charts
rig lifting sling on outboard Buy and rig solent stay, staysail
- Find place for spare main
- got it stuffed under a bunk - not very happy with it there
stow spare chain in bilge - paint it first??
- mosquito netting
- rain vent canvas things
install netting to keep stuff from sliding around in rough weather figure out how to lock sliding cabinet doors
- touch up paint and varnish
storage bin on head counter fab/install lee cloths (snaps to front inside setee board
- screw down floorboards;
- My bungee setup is to have closed eyes into the bottom of the deck and a heavy cup hook thingy in the middle of the lift up part. Shock cord goes between the eyes and either goes through the hook or not depending on what you want.
- secure setee storage, water tank lid
- is just simple toggles cut out of thinish ss flat bar, screw with washer under head through the centre and mounted on the fixed part so that rotating it one side of the toggle sits over the hatch board
- secure drawers
- child safety latch
- small round
disc of teak, about 1 1/8" diameter with a small brass knob offset near
the edge. I drilled it close to the edge diametrically opposite to the
knob so it works as an eccentric. I fastened it to the rail above the
drawer front with a screw and a leather washer. When at sea, I just
rotate the eccentric disk which traps the drawer down so even inverted
it cannot slide out. If the discs begin to rotate freely I just take up
1/4 turn on the screw and the friction of the leather washer keeps them
where they are last put. On that note, all the drawers have a piece of
set into the cabinetry flush with the top of the opening. This keeps
stuff in the drawer from rolling about till it sticks up above the case
front preventing the drawer from opening. I'm sure we've all been THERE!
Even inverted the drawers should hold their contents. Haven't been
there yet, and hope I never do, and most likely in such case the drawers
would be the least of my worries, but...
- stove rail?
- secure cabinet lids
- figure out how to lock head door open and shut
- Rebed all deck hardware
- Rebuild Lifelines
- Handheld radio
- STANDARD HORIZON HX851 Floating Handheld VHF/GPS Radio has built-in GPS/DSC - carry it on night watch - fall over - push button - pop up on ship's AIS. Also nice for ditch bag.
- light/whistle/splash-hood on harness
- Buy/rig jacklines/harness
- Rebuild Mainsail
- have only one reef point - want at least one very deep
- cringles are sort of shitty - would be good to replace
- rebuild or buy new?
rigid boomvang Re-bed Chainplates Replace Rigging Flush fuel tanks Made a polishing setup Refrigeration Our very nice stainless steel-lined box apparently has very little insulation, leaks badly, and occupies a mysterious amount of counter space. Will probably make a visit with my little friend, Mr. Sawzall, and go from there. Likely outcomes include
Re-Insulate/Rebuild the existing box. Try to free up some storage/extra room under the counter. Install small refrigeration system, most likely an air-cooled BD35-based system by Frigoboat or Technautic. The scariest part is building a lid, or shelling out the $800 to rParts for a prebuild vacuum lid. Rip out the existing box, drop in one (or even two) swing-compressor powered Engel MB40 self-contained units. Update: Engel dropin is in the mail. Update-update: Engel is installed and making ice. Woot! Windvane self steering Add solar power That horrendous table now has it's own page. Do something about the horrendous table The table now lives in our spare bedroom. What an improvement! We're going to try a folding camping table for now, and if that doesn't work we'll re-explore the idea of a bulkhead table. All that room!! All ours!!!! Install saltwater washdown system tillerpilot
Jiffy Reefing Lazy Jacks Finish Curtains Check/replace holding tank vent
- Vent was seeping; removed, cleaned, resealed/replaced.
- documentation/register MMSI